Today’s common question we’re answering is: “What projects can I do around the house that might add value to it?”
There are a lot of things that you could do to your home that are inexpensive, pretty simple, and able to add value. Here are five of them:
1. Modernizing your fixtures. From the electrical outlets to the doorknobs, fixtures can be replaced pretty cheaply and give a modern touch and a good first impression to buyers if you plan on selling.
2. Lightening up the place. Take a look at your light fixtures. If they’re old or dated, replacing them might be a good idea; they can also improve your energy efficiency.
3. Small bathroom makeover. Expensive renovations in the bathroom can bring a lot of value, but it can also get pricey. A few minor touches such as replacing the mirror, the vanity, or the faucet in the shower can make the room look newer and nicer without a lot of investment.
4. Small kitchen makeover. Instead of new appliances and cabinetry, you can repaint the kitchen and cabinets and replace the knobs on the cabinet doors.
5. Address any maintenance issues. Whether it’s a leak, a glitchy light, or a wobbly ceiling fan, you can replace all of these things inexpensively. I’d be happy to give you the name of a good handyman who can take care of stuff like this for you.
If you have any questions for me or need anything at all in the meantime, feel free to reach out and give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you soon.